The Legend



Let me make it very clear that I am not Ernie Ashbury and please, let me explain why I have this blog.
____________________________________
It would have been in the later part of 2012 on one of my frequent trips to the Souks of Morocco that I was privileged to obtain a copy of Ernie's legendary sales book, 'Selling..Sales Secrets of a Souk Salesman".
_____________________________________
This book does exist (contrary to established authorities who have stated otherwise) and I do have in my hands a copy of this work. With this blog, I will share the Sales Secrets of a Souk Salesman
_______________________________________

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mister "E" in Istanbul, could it be"

I have to post this message from Leon Armbinger.I knew once the word went out on Ernie Ashbury the messages would come flooding in...

I don't want to get too excited at this point. But I was in Istanbul is 2002 at what I guess you could call an outside mall. And I personally experienced the most amazing sales prowess that I had ever encountered. And while I parted with seventy five us dollars for nineteen turkish trinkets the experience alone was worth the cost. It wasn't until some 15 hours later that I realized I didn't need the trinkets, I had no place to put them. And they didn't fit in with the decor of my house. But as if magic as I spoke to the vendor it was as if I was transfixed. Standing behind him was an English looking gentleman whom he referred to as Mr. E. Could it be?

8 comments:

  1. Are you absolutely sure, Hamza? It only says he is English looking. I mean it could be anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the legend has it that there can be only one
    It was Ernie Ashbury, I have no doubts on this

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're right, Hamza. And you are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The descriptions sound very familiar. And I knew someone who definitely fit this profile. He was in his 40s when I saw him in Marrakech. At that time he was slightly balding. With a goatee. The only thing that makes me wonder however is he had a lisp. But his accent was more irish than english. Oh never mind I remember now they called him Arnie not Ernie last name unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Ernee no irish accent and balding. No sir, not Mr E. I saw sketch of legendary Mr E there is no balding my friend tell me accent mixed of british american no one knows how his accent like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only phooto of Ernie I have. It is from backside and I may be able to show it to you if I can. There is the most interesting man in the world and then there is Mr Ernie. He would be somewheres near the most interesting man in the world I am sure. Maybe 25 or the 26 most interesting man in the world. At least in the top 1 or 3 or 4 hundreds. No baldness, no Irish Accent and the top most salesman in the world. I know, I have seen him and I have his phooto from the backside.

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  7. English is not my first language and so I couldn't make out his accent. It had a nomadic flair to it. It was definitely very worldly and he had a large vocabulary. He used the word "constitute" a lot and often asked about the percentage of religious people in the area.

    ReplyDelete