The Legend



Let me make it very clear that I am not Ernie Ashbury and please, let me explain why I have this blog.
____________________________________
It would have been in the later part of 2012 on one of my frequent trips to the Souks of Morocco that I was privileged to obtain a copy of Ernie's legendary sales book, 'Selling..Sales Secrets of a Souk Salesman".
_____________________________________
This book does exist (contrary to established authorities who have stated otherwise) and I do have in my hands a copy of this work. With this blog, I will share the Sales Secrets of a Souk Salesman
_______________________________________

Thursday, August 7, 2014

It was him...it was Ernie....

It was the Cuban beat of the drummer!


And I just missed him.  As I walked in the applause was deafening and the standing room
only crowd blocked my way to the stage.  I could see the back of his red vest as he turned the corner at the back of the stage and I yelled ," Ernie...Ernie..".  He paused and then I knew without any doubt it was him.  

So close

By the time I made my way to the back of the room he was gone.  But I did see a white pad with penciled notes laying on top of a Bata drum .  They were in my shoulder bag within seconds and I was out of the restaurant/club and back at my hammock shortly thereafter

Time to read what he wrote...

Signing off....Johnny LaRue



1 comment: